- The New Year "2018" is here! City Hall is closed Monday, January first so Have a wonderful and safe Holiday, and give the gift of joy to all you meet this year.
- Habitat for Humanity is in the construction process of building another home in Chisholm. We thank them for helping young families in need. This program benefits not only our city but the entire iron range. Thank you.
- Council Meetings are on the second and fourth Wednesday's of the month. They are at 5:30 PM unless there is a special need to change the time. Any changes will be posted, and check the calendar on this site for any changes or special meetings.
- Also, we have several opportunities for citizens interested in joining a board & commission. Send a note to City Hall 316 West Lake Street, Chisholm MN 55719, in care of the mayor or city administrator on which group you would be interested in.
- Check the calendar page for special meetings and dates.
- See the link Below, for "Mountain Bike the Iron Range"
-If you are unable to attend council meetings in person at City Hall, council meetings can be viewed on cable Channel 13.
-Building Code Tip: Carbon Monoxide detectors are required by State Statute and Building Codes. Make sure you test yours monthly. Hand rails are required by code inside and outside of homes. A guardrail on a deck stairway is not a handrail. See the building code and state statute for details, or call the building official in your area for details. In Chisholm call the Building Official at 254-7906.
- Red Cross Fire Safety? See handout at the bottom of this page.
- The Recycling Schedule Handout for 2017 is at the bottom of this page. Just click on it for viewing or print a copy for your records.
- Keep a personal record of your firearms. See the handout on the Police Department page of this site. This is an important first step in the effort to prevent thefts and to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals.
Events Happening at the LibraryMore information? Go to the "Library" page of this site!
Color Copies,Scanning to E-mail Capabilities and FAX!
9 Public Computers along with Free WiFi
- (Get the "Adopt an Area Brochure"). Go to the page, "Adopt an Area of Town", and click on the document, "Adopt An Area Program Brochure" in the list for detailed information. Thank you for caring about your city. Keep up the, "City Pride"!
- Interior remodeling, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, insulation, sheetrock, doors, windows, siding, roofing, building additions, new buildings. All these projects require a permit before work is started. Permits are required by city, state, and federal code. Permit applications can be found at city hall and on this web site. Click on the "Building Safety" page on the left side of your screen for applications and information. If you have questions, please call 218-254-7906 and the Building Official will help you.
- 2017 Pet Licenses are available at City Hall. By city ordinance, all dogs and cats are to be licensed and tagged.